Who We Are
MATT+FIONA is a collaborative venture between architect Matthew Springett and educator Fiona MacDonald, built on a long history of working together on architectural-based education initiatives. Through their initiatives they offer unique, hands-on, practical education programmes for children and young adults.
BUILD 2016 was the exciting first step of their work, and Made in Oakfield is their latest venture. MATT+FIONA projects happen in collaboration with a wide and wonderful network of professionals with complementary skill sets to support them in their work.
- Providing understanding about spatial design and the built environment though constructive teaching, play and making.
- Allowing young people to see how we and shape and influence the spaces in which we live work and play and testing this through constructed site specific installations.
- Exposing young people to the processes involved in design and construction within the built environment and allowing them to be inspired and open the possibility of new career paths.
- Encouraging young people to work collaboratively with a collective goal.
- Providing opportunity for participants to explore and respond to a unique architectural setting.
Sign-Up to out Mailing List
We will occasionally send out an email outlining new BUILD projects.